1lb lean ground beef , uncooked
1 head cabbage
1 cup of uncooked rice
2 cups of water
2 eggs, beaten
1/4 cup dry minced onion
1 teaspoon pepper
1/2 teaspoon salt
1/4 cup of milk (I use almond milk)
1 jar of your favorite spaghetti sauce
1 cup of brown sugar
1/4 cup of lemon juice
2T Worcestershire sauce
1. Bring a large stockpot of water to boil then remove from heat. CAREFULLY place the entire head of cabbage in the water and let stand for a few minutes.
2. With tongs, carefully peel up each leaf of cabbage and place aside on a plate.
|Try not to tear the leaves, but if you do, it's OK. Simply use two leaves to wrap each roll.|
|The leaves separated on a plate and the core/leftovers on the right.|
3. In a medium saucepan, cook the rice according to the rice directions and transfer to large mixing bowl.
4. Add to the bowl the 2 eggs, ground beef, minced onion, milk, salt and pepper. Using clean hands, mix well and set aside.
5. In a medium sized bowl, mix together the jar of spaghetti sauce, brown sugar, lemon juice and Worcestershire sauce and set aside. Spray your deep casserole dish with non-stick cooking spray.
6. Spread 3-4 spoonfuls of sauce on the bottom of your casserole dish.
7. Using a clean surface and clean hands, start rolling your cabbage rolls! (see pic)
8. Spoon sauce over each of the rolls.
9. With remaining cabbage leaves, cover rolls. Then, pour remaining sauce over the top.
° for 1 hour.