Thursday, October 20, 2011

Trick-or-Treat Silhouettes

I absolutely love silhouettes but I have never quite gotten myself around to trying them. Yesterday, I ran across this blog and instantly fell in love with the idea. Let me tell you, it wasn't easy getting my twins to cooperate (they are 16 months old, after all), but the results turned out fantastic nonetheless.



I did make a few tweaks. Since I don't see myself making oodles of silhouettes in the near future, I only glued down the head and gently taped the "hat". This way, come Christmas - or any other fun holiday (Birthday hats, perhaps?) - I can easily switch out the accessories for something more fitting.



I haven't decided on a frame yet. I'm thinking some cheap 8x10 shadow boxes?



I can't believe it, but these goblins were featured at:

12 comments:

  1. these turned out fantastic!

    i've been wanting to do some silhouettes
    of my children
    but couldn't think of an easy way to make it happen

    so thanks for the inspiration and for sharing
    at fridays unfolded!

    alison

    ReplyDelete
  2. I really love the idea of taping down the hats! newest follower, Karima
    www.karimascrafts.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is so awesome! So creative! Newest follower!

    ReplyDelete
  4. They look great!! I would love for you to share at my "Anything Goes Link Party" http://jeana-marie.blogspot.com/2011/10/anything-goes-link-party.html

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh these are so cute! Love the abilty to change up the hats.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Wow, such amazing silhouettes, a wonderfully original idea! Love it! I join you from the linky party at "You Had Me @ Craft"
    Have a great day!
    Robin :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Great project. I love the silhouettes.
    http://lorisartsyobsession.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  8. This is super cute and so clever

    Jenny
    www.simcoestreet.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  9. These are adorable!!! And I'm always happy to meet a fellow mommy of twins- mine are almost a year. Wonder if I could get them to sit still long enough to do this....yours turned out so cute!!
    www.inside-outdesign.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  10. just a note
    to let you know
    that i'm featuring your silhouette project
    on this week's
    fridays unfolded!

    alison

    ReplyDelete