Saturday, October 29, 2011

Goodbye Tacky Mini-blinds!

Our home's previous owners left us, so kindly, all the mini-blinds. They've certainly "done the trick" for us these past few years, but I can't stand them. It doesn't help that the twins have all but completely destroyed them.


Enough was enough!  Yesterday, while I was perusing the Rustoleum spray paint selection at Home Depot for this project, I saw some Rustoleum Window Frosting spray.  A-ha!

First, we had to clean the window. Once dry, we taped a 1" border using masking tape and taped around the outside of the window to protect it from over-spray.

After 3 coats - about 1/2 the can.


I'll have to admit, I was very worried with how it would turn out.  But, I worried for nothing because it turned out amazing!

Carefully removed the tape, stepped inside to see how it turned out. LOVE!
Loved it so much that we did the same with the beveled glass on the front door. This way, we were able to remove the mini-blinds and let some light in while still getting the privacy we need.



We are thrilled with the way it turned out and have now incorporated using this spray again on the basement windows.

3 comments:

  1. I wouldn't have thought about doing that! I hate our mini-blinds too, I'll have to think about doing this.

    I'm your newest follower!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love it! great idea. I love using my frosted spray paint. Thanks for linking up to Topsy Turvy Tuesdays

    ReplyDelete