Thursday, October 20, 2011

Homemade dog bed saves $189

$189, the cost of an extra-large, down alternative-filled dog bed from L.L.Bean. Sure, I probably could have gotten his name embroidered on it somehow.

Tomorrow our boy, a 4 year old, retired racer, comes to his forever home... HERE!

We've been making him a stand for his dog food. Once it's finished, I'll post about it. While the kids napped today, I found an old, worn-out, haven't been used in years, down-alternative comforter. Perfect!

The twins are "helping" me fold it up.

Finished and ready!
First, I folded the Queen-sized comforter in half and sewed, carefully, a 1" seem along all 4 edges. This left me with a giant rectangle.  Fold once more to make a square and sew, again, a 1" seem along all 4 edges.

Hopefully he likes it! I'll keep you updated!

2 comments:

  1. Very smart repurposing there! Good luck on your newest addition!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Small dog beds are perfect for dogs like Chihuahuas, Dachshunds, Pugs and other small or toy dog beds. The choice for perfect small dog beds depends on your specific needs. Comfort is usually what you aim for, but if you are the type who travels a lot with your pet, then a portable dog bed might be more suitable.

    ReplyDelete