Tuesday, October 11, 2011

Dog Sweater and Hair Bow

Today I've easily saved our family $25 by being a little crafty.

I've re-purposed an old, stained sweatshirt from the twins to a sweater for our chihuahua. Have you SEEN the prices for dog sweaters at the pet store?

Started with an old stained sweatshirt. This one is a size 18mo.
Cut the front of the sweatshirt down the middle if you have a larger dog. Here, I removed about 4" from the bottom, cut at an angle towards the neck - which was about 6" wide.

Turn inside out and stitch closed.


Here she is modeling her new sweater! I rolled the sleeves up so that they fit her short legs better. 

Our oldest daughter has been involved in a cheer leading camp put on by our High School's cheer leaders. I made her a hair bow that she can wear that has our High School's colors.



 

No comments:

Post a Comment