I've always found it fun to see the many ways people make chili. So here's my "secret recipe chili". My oldest daughter has always referred to it as "Mom's' Secret Recipe Chili" but it's really no secret.
2 or 3lbs of ground beef (depending on how meaty you like it)
2 cans of light red kidney beans
2 cans of dark red kidney beans
1 can of black beans
3 cans of stewed tomatoes
1 medium can of "Brooks Chili Mix"
1/2 C of Penzey's Chili 9000 seasoning
1T of garlic salt
1/4 C dried minced onion (or 1/2 C fresh minced onion)
yesterdays left over corn (Optional)
- Brown ground beef with 1/2 C of Penzey's Chili 9000 seasoning, garlic salt and onions. (Or chili seasoning mix of your choice - but I warn you... it won't be as good!)
- Drain & rinse the light red kidney beans, dark red kidney beans and black beans. Add to crock pot.
- Add 3 cans of stewed tomatoes to crock pot.
- Add 1 medium can of Brooks Chili Mix to crock pot.
- Add cooked ground beef mixture to crock pot. Mix ingredients.
- (Optional) Add yesterday's left over corn. Mix and set crock pot to low for 6-8 hours.